I think it’s time for another kid approved recipe! This is honestly one of my favourite recipes. I make these for the kids and they love them. When I make these pancakes I make extras so I can put them in the fridge and eat them over the next few days. They refrigerate so well!! I know I have talked about these pancakes before on my social media but I wanted to write about them here, so people can copy the recipe easily. Before I go on anymore I have to give a huge shoutout to the woman whose blog I found this on, Ambitious Kitchen. She’s got really amazing recipes and if you love baking food that’s healthy and delicious please check out her blog.
The thing I love about these pancakes is that all the ingredients go from the blender to the pan and there’s hardly any cleanup. It’s perfect for a busy Saturday morning. Let me know what you think of this recipe!
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if desired
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- Optional add-ins/toppings: Fresh berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium low heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Add desired toppings such as chocolate chips or blueberries. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 3-4 pancakes.